One of our main programs is systemic change in Early Childcare Education (ECE) centers. Getting fresh, healthy food to children ages 0-5 is of utmost importance as this age is the building block for a healthy and successful life.
Our work consists of many things, including:
- Baseline assessment through nationally recognized GO NAPSACC program, as well as an analysis of current buying and preparation habits.
- Menu changes or shifts in order to provide CACFP approved healthy meals for children
- Connection to local farmers as well as a local produce distributor for food procurement
- Resources for families in order to increase their food access by utilizing existing food access programming such as need based assistance programs, mobile markets, food banks, farmers markets, and more.
- Templates for communication materials such as newsletters and monthly menus to send home with families
- Resources for nutrition education (book lists, class activities, and connections to partner resources such as Harvest of the Month)
Our work is made possible by the generous support of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.